Thursday, August 13, 2009

A PBS Mind in an MTV World

Hello interwebs!

I once saw a button that had this phrase written upon it and I feel that it suffices for this blog. Essentially I hope to unload the thoughts in my mind regarding all sorts of things that interest me from the usual suspects: politics and current events but also from other things from literature, cinema, television, theology, philosophy, sports, and even food and drink. I might also indulge in some personal reflections on life, love, family, friends, and may even post some original short stories, poetry, and essays I might come up with. I think those are the things a truly well rounded educated human being ought to comment on.

In my last year of college I hope to have some reflections on what I think education should be, opinions about culture, and hopefully stave off the beast of modernity and the dumbing down of America from all facets of life. I am a patriot who believes in his country by can question its direction, an educated person who also disdains unfounded elitism and pretension, and a christian of the catholic variety who has an open mind always willing to engage. Hopefully these musings will entertain and enlighten but I am sure they will in the least offer me a chance to share parts of me some of you might not be familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment